Artist of the Week: Nick Knight

 

 Nick Knight


Nick Knight's work is anything but ordinary. His works each have a dark and ominous theme. These works seem very fashion-based, relying on what the subject is wearing to add detail. I would categorize these photos as fashion portraits.
Nick Knight's works seem to me a combination of the outlandishness of David LaChapelle and the dark, ominous feel of Gregory Crewdson.  I don't fully understand Knight's message in each photo, so it doesn't appeal to me.  I feel like someone could recreate their work, but they would have to understand what his message in his works are meant to be.  

“I can use anything from a 10 x 8 inch camera to a photo booth. The most important thing is to get my message across.”

    My opinion is skewed, because I could not figure out what his message is.  I guess that entirely contradicts what he was saying in the quote.  The capturing device doesn't matter if the message misses.  However, the ignorance would be entirely on my end.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Project

Reflections Project

Artist of the Week: Peter Lindbergh