Artist of the Week: Peter Lindbergh

 

 Peter Lindbergh



This man reminds me of my Uncle Les solely based on appearance, so naturally I'm inclined to like him.  Looking at his works, I can recognize the style from famous magazines like Vogue and Vanity Fair.  I really like his works. They do a great job showing the natural beauty in the imperfections of life, unlike more made-up works from artists like David LaChapelle or Nick Knight.  I would classify Lindbergh's works as monochrome fashion portraits, and these works should definitely not be restricted to just magazines.  I think he is one of my favorite artists we have covered in this segment, not only because he photographed some of my favorite actors like Nicole Kidman and Meghan Markle, but also because of his rather simplistic style.  


I do think that someone could make works like Lindbergh with relative ease.  The simplicity of the works makes me feel like I could make similar works, which I appreciate.  

“This should be the responsibility of photographers today to free women, and finally everyone, from the terror of youth and perfection.”

I think that it is the responsibility of everyone to relieve themselves from the concept of perfection, so it would make sense that the concept is amplified by anyone with any form of audience, like a photographer, or a singer, etc.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water Project

Reflections Project